<VV> Chevy Nova = <N>ova <O>mega <V>entura <A>pollo - No Corvair

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 23:42:09 EST 2006

I beg to differ, Tony!

  My dad bought a new 1962 Chevy II Nova 2-dr hardtop when they first came out. They were also available in convertible form (there is one pictured in my November 1961 Motor Trend) from the get-go. The car was a Chevy II. The Nova was the tarted-up version (the Chevy II equivalent of a Corvair "Monza"). As I recall the Chevy II series designations in 1962 were "100", "300" and "Nova 400". The SS didn't show up till 1963.

  Tony said:

  <<The Chevy-II started in
late '61, titled as a '62 of course but I'm pretty sure it was NOT
badged as a Nova.   That came in '63 with an options package I think,
as did the SS package.   By the way, 1963 was the only year you could
get a ragtop Nova, thus those '63 Nova ragtops are worth a buck or
two, especially if in SS clothes.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on