<VV>Retro

MyGroups mygroups at frontiernet.net
Sat Nov 25 20:11:18 EST 2006

GM mau have missed the mark but for the past 15 years I had ONLY been an
import buyer/driver. 3 yrs in Italy ruined me Dad says. I left after
selling the 3rd of 3 Mustangs and came back admiring VW GTIs and Opels
(quick-ish FWD cars). I still admire them and the traditional American
muscle cars - but don't lust after them to the point where I want to own
one like I once did. I think GM built a car (the GTO) that can impress
the muscle car guys and the typical import performance crowd as well.
They MIGHT have captured some of the import tuner crowd but wonder if
the price was a "gotcha" - though the import tuner guys spend thousands
on their Civics, etc.

Am surprised GM built a car that was ANYWHERE as good as the Corvette.

Chris in Cookeville