<VV> Collector Car Insurance

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 28 17:31:34 EST 2006

Todd,
  Try American Collectors Insurance , Inc.
  P/O BOX 8343 / 498 KINGS HWY. N.
  CHERY HILL NJ 08002
  800-360-2277

  They have been in business 30 years.

  My '69 Fitch and '69 Convertible are insured (agreed value) at $15,600 each.  Conv is 115.60 per year and Fitch is 126.60

   No, I can't use them for work, shopping or vacation, but cruise night, parades, club meetings, car shows, CORSA national meets, and an occasional drive for an ice cream cone. I do use them for 3-4 day club tours in VT or NH. They are kept in a frame garage and all are adult drivers.

   The trick is, theoretically, not to leave the car unattended or out of your control. I have an excellent driving record (no ticket/reportable accident in 40 years).

   The actual insurance co is American Bankers insurance Company of Florida.

ChiefTAM at aol.com wrote:
  I know that there have been many different threads on this over the years,
but unfortunately, I have slept since then and I don't remember them. As I
have recently got my 69 Monza Convertible running again, I need to get it
insured.

I contacted Grundy, and there rates were OK, about $160 per year, however,
they went on to tell me that no one under 25 could drive the car, meaning my
son could never drive the car, and I couldn't use it to drive to a resturant on
a nice evening for a cruise and a meal. That ended that.

Are all the Collector Specific Speciality companies that restrictive? I
remember something about one of you just going through maybe State Farm and
getting really good rates without restrictions. Any ideas? Thanks

Todd In Texas