<VV> re Car names and Fuzzy Dice

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 29 15:34:30 EST 2006

I'm with you on most of what you said.

My Buick is the "CAR"  and my Silverado is the "TRUCK", but my Corvair is
"STINKY" a moniker that my wife dubbed it with, the first time she went out
in the garage and smelled the gas fumes after it had been out for an initial
run.  The name just stuck.  It also was the name  that applied to out black
lab numerous times.

I did have an old Ford pick-up that earned the name "OLD BLUE".  It was old
('69), it was a faded blue, but you could depend on it to do whatever you
needed it to do and it never let me down.  If my '05 Silverado lasts as long
and is as dependable as that old Ford was, then in time it will be "Old Blue
II" since it's dark blue.

As for fuzzy dice, that was more of a 50's thing, although JC Whitney pushed
it for a long time, along with the latest customizing craze, pom-poms for
your interior.  I never knew anyone who went for the pom-poms, but I do
remember some who still had dice in the 60's, but not many.  In the area I
grew up, in the 60's the thing to hang on your review mirror was the tassel
from your graduation hat, which is something I've been looking for to hang
in Stinky.  Anybody have a dark blue tassel with the year '63 they want to
sell?

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member