<VV> Naming Cars

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Nov 29 16:36:14 EST 2006

> Hmmm...Mike, have you thought about the fact that a
> bunch of nuts, bolts, sheet metal, plastic and glass
> are mined, cast, molded, assembled, tested, etc. and
> it becomes a car that will start with the turn of a
> key and take you to wherever you need to go?

Have I ever thought of that?  Oh there's nobody who anthropomorphosizes cars more than me.  When they give me a hard time I take it very personally and give them quite colorful names.  When they're good to me I've been known to put my arms around them and give them a hug.  I've never been more proud (!) of a car than this summer when our 41 year old clinker took us and all our junk up to Buffalo and back without a single problem.  As reliable as a Honda I refered to it.  Still, this wonderful car's only name is "the Corvair".  I still love it more than a normal person should love an inanimate object.  I just don't feel the need to give it a name.  I may be wacky but I still recognize that it is just a machine and NOT a living thing.  No matter how much affection I feel towards it.

AND no fuzzy dice for it either - so there!

mike