<VV> Naming Cars

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Nov 29 16:48:11 EST 2006

Can't answer the fuzzy  dice (Clay) part any more than I can explain pet
rocks. But as for the naming - it goes way back farhter than cars. Steam
engines on railroads frequently had names, and before that ships had
names. Explain it? How long have you  been in this paralell universe? Lon

Pretty much my whole life I guess.  I can see naming ships,  locomotives and horses.  I can also see naming certain, unique or famous cars but naming the cars in MY driveway?  I don't think so.  They're just frigin' cars  ya know.  Then again, if I was naming a locomotive, it would be engine #1 or something, not Fred or Barney or Hollingsworth or whatever.  Plus, when people refer to ship's names, they add "the" in front of the name.  LIke "the Edmond Fitzgerald".   I don't hear car people say "the Veruca" or "the Alice".  It's like they think they really are car-shaped people.  Worrisome to me.