<VV> Pertronix

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 19:58:40 EST 2006

                                   B"H

I know that you guys on VV know how to connect a
Pertronix correctly, but there's an even better
explanation in this month's Communique.  The article
expains details, except that it doesn't mention that
there are TWO wires to the plus side of my coil, one
wrapped in some sort of fiber insulation and a regular
looking yellow wire.

True to the article, I measured 6 volts at the coil,
but tracing 2 wires back is a bit more challenging.  I
think I traced them back to a multi-plug on the left
side of the engine compartment behind near the
firewall, but what looks like the resistor wire on the
other side of the plug only measures 6 volts.  a very
thick RED wire seems to measure 12v when the ignition
is on, and measures 4vdc when the key is turned to
ACC.

Thanks ppl...Bill H.
"Suzy The Little Blue Coupe" 69 Monza 110 PG