<VV> Gauge Placement

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 21:14:21 EST 2006

I have had both Corsas and Monzas. One each of my Monzas I installed a tach in the center hole that usually had a clock that no longer worked. At one time VDO made a very nice little tach that just fit into the hole and looked very stock. Other have replaced the gas gauge and warning light cluster with the three gauge cluster from an older Mercedes (also VDO gauges). I prefer the center placement of a tach in the Monza over the Corsa gauge set (though I really do like the Corsa dash because it reminds me of the dash from a Ferarri Dino) because the tach is still easy to read, even when I install a smaller steering wheel. I am thinking of buying a 66 500 four door sedan, preferably with a Saginaw three speed. When I get the sedan, I will modify the dash with a center mount tach and the gauges from a Mercedes.

Regards,
Joe White (62 Sedan, 66 Porvair)
CORSA, RMC