<VV> Pertronix - Boy Am I Messed Up Now!

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 23:45:29 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/29/2006 10:31:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,
gojoe283 at yahoo.com writes:

I then  disconnected the multi-plug and checked voltage
on the pins for 12  volts.  I found what looked like
the yellow coil wire, but there was  no voltage at it
with the ignition ON.  I tried the insulated  wire,
same thing.  No voltage at the iginition switch side
of the  connector.

Bill,

With the big connector disconnected there's no wiring from the battery to
the ignition switch or the rest of the front of the car. Therefore there
shouldn't be any voltage. According to my 1966 wiring diagram (shameless plug)  the
yellow wire is the driver's side brake/turn signal. The only blue wire is  for
the warning lights. Since the connector was apart, it shouldn't have any
voltage. Of course all of these colors are based on the 66 diagram. What you
really need is the correct 1969 diagrams (I don't have them yet).

Ned