<VV> Car Names

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Nov 30 12:55:24 EST 2006

At 05:47 AM 11/30/2006, AeroNed at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 11/30/2006 7:30:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,
>4carbcorvair at gmail.com writes:
>
>It now  has the name of 'Turkey Killer'. A turkey ran out in
>front of her one night  while she was cruising down the interstate  around
>65mph.
>

>That's similar to how the "Deer Hunter" got its name.

Something similar to that is how I learned that a whitetail deer can
run 40 mph.   I followed one on the Blue Ridge Parkway,
guardrail-dropoff on one side and steep rockface on the other, deer
had nowhere to go but run ahead of me.    I kept waiting for him (had
a big rack of antlers) to mis-step on the pavement and slip-fall and
slide like a bodysurfer for about 100 ft but he never missed a
step.    He also didn't really look like he was having much trouble
staying ahead of me at 40 mph.

Just how fast can deer run anyway?

tony..