<VV> RE: Imports (No Corvair)]

James Dallas BEC176 at msn.com
Sun Oct 1 13:53:20 EDT 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Dallas<mailto:BEC176 at msn.com>
  To: virtualvairs<mailto:virtualvairs at corvair.org>
  Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 3:36 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> RE: Imports (No Corvair)]

  Its more than just PR and the people that work in those factories.  You need to look at the big picture.  Those corporations still pay imbedded taxes as do the employees.  The employees spend their money and help keep other americans employed when they go out and by their products and services.  And what about the suppliers who furnish the raw material to those plants.  Think of all the subcontractors that earn their wages off the car plants and in turn spend their wages helping to keep others employed.  Corporate profits are minor to the economy of our country, other than if they don't make a profit everybody loses.  Remember that most corporations are not owned by one individual, but lots of shareholders.  Just because the corporate office is in a foreign country, it doesn't mean all the shareholders are.  Like it or not we are still part of a world economy.

  Now for Corvair content:  It's time for me to go out and play with my Corvairs!!

  Jim Dallas
  MCCA
  GNRT