<VV> SUV configuration

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 1 17:15:28 EDT 2006

Sorry - did not mean to confuse with the terminology.  I'm talking about the
tail gate (1/2 height) opening down - flat and the window opening UP.  '96
Blazer was like that.  Could put a long load on the floor - tail gate
combination and have the load supported by the tailgate.  '01 Blazer - glass
will open up OR entire (BIG) tailgate - including the glass will open UP.
Useable floor space is now 2 feet shorter (when open) than the earlier
version and it is probably not too smart to drive around with that full tale
gate opened UP.

I grant that there can be some inconvenience reaching in with the 1/2 height
tailgate folded down (and that is where the women's influence on the later
design comes into play), but if the item is not too large, it can be put in
or out by just opening the window.

Later, JR