<VV> 1965 Corsa 140 coupe For Sale in IL (AD )

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 21:38:39 EDT 2006

I had listed my 65 Corsa Ice-racer on Ebay (Item 320034198621)

1965 Corsa coupe Madeira Maroon with Black interior, 140 4 speed/3:55
Posi.

Trim Tag 03D = Built 4th week of March 1965,  E=Black interior

WKN10574= 10574th coupe down assembly line,  713 Black bucket seats

2L4P= 4 speed & CC Group, N-N Madeira Maroon upper & lower

I have added correct front 1965 standard belts.

I have owned this Corvair for about 5 years and was using as my winter
Ice racecar/auto-crosser.  Currently the car has 14" Blizzak snow tires,
battery relocated to the trunk, additional ballast (removable) added to
trunk floor, carpet and rear seats removed, & Halogen Headlights.
Within the last 3 years I have dropped/sealed the gas tank, new wheel
brake cylinders and shoes,  added 4 performance modded carb's from Wolf
Enterprises, high volume blower motor, lower shroud, new door
thermostats, Pertronix Ing, Flamethrower coil, and Clark's large bore
trombone exhaust.  The car is an excellent candidate for a street
refurbishment and would make an excellent cruiser.  The floors and trunk
are very free of rust but the PO let the car sit outside with clogged
drains and the base of the windshield and the drain behind the front
wheel suffered rot out from the inside.  The paint is very weathered and
cracked but can be shined up with rubbing compound for a 20 foot shine.
The car runs great and is very strong.  I warmed it up driving it around
and came back home and recorded a short video of me starting it up and
revving the engine so you can hear it too.  I put the file on putfile so
click here to hear it run.

http://media.putfile.com/65-Corvair-Corsa-for-sale-engine-running

Along with the car I am including brand new black carpet and additional
carpet to carpet the back folding seat area, a space saver spare, a nice
black padded dash, the replacement metal for the base of the windshield,
66-69 front spoiler, oil filter, spare fan belt, 65 repair manual,
correct 65 hubcaps and 4 stock rims.  The battery cables are still in
the engine bay and the battery can be moved back to the stock location
in about 5 minutes.

The car had a refurbishment done to it in the mid 80's It was repainted
the stock color and the motor was rebuilt, but to what level I do not
know.  The ODO shows 17000 miles but I am assuming on a replacement dash
from when the car was redone, actual mileage is unknown.  I removed the
headers that were on the car and installed the Clark's exhaust.  The car
came from an estate of another Corvair owner enthusiast who had 6
Corvairs including a 66 Corsa that he had parted down to a shell and
used parts for this 65.

A rebuild on a stock motor is currently running around 3000+, figure
this strong motor; with the extra parts and this car and you have the
starting of a nice Corvair.  Figure a few days of sanding and a trip to
MACCO for an ambassador paint job and you have nice entry level car.....

I am a Corvair enthusiast and a long time member of CORSA, my Ebay
Feedback is 100% with over 300 transactions.  You can read little more
about me at

http://corvaircenter.com/members.php (Find Rick Loving in listing)

You can email me ral1963 at comcast.net directly for any questions....