<VV> Re: TONNAGE

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Mon Oct 2 15:48:30 EDT 2006

One time we hauled closer to 3000 lbs from Seattle to our shop when it
was in North Portland - That was about 20 years ago. My rampside has an
automatic trans - would have never attempeted it with a manual. It was a
very stupid thing to do - but when we got there the load was heavier
than we had planned and it was take all or none.

I truely beleive that the FC chassis can handle 3000 lbs - but the
brakes can't. Any neither can the clutch on the manual trans. And 20
years ago the rampside was much newer than it is now -Lon