<VV> Clutch Cable-Finally Busted!

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 16:22:44 EDT 2006

Oh, I know, you've all been curious.

I had all that weird clutch cable freakiness on the way to Buffalo.
Then again on the way to Marshalltown.  Never could find the trouble
spot, just kept adjusting and driving.  Heck, put nearly 3000 miles on
the '64 since the trouble in Twinsburg. If not more miles than that,
actually. Even autocrossed it!

Today, jumped in the parking at a local store, clutch down, and "bang,
boing" pedal to the floor, where it stayed.  OK, so, that's a pain in
the butt, but at least something finally broke!  Had the Wife come
fetch me n the car with the Blazer and towed it home, thru town, in
noon traffic, 8 miles.  I just didn't want to try fixing it in a
parking lot. All I know so far is it didn't break at either end.  Still
clean and secure at the pedal end, and the other end is hanging there
too.  Somewhere inside. Any one wanna take bets on where it broke?  If
I get inspired I'll dig into it in the next day or two.

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===