<VV> Re: TONNAGE no internal combustion Corvair

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 01:21:24 EDT 2006

Hey Frank,
     I'm running an Advanced DC 9" motor. Yes, the
motor will slow the truck if I put a load across it,
the problem lies with the brush timing. To turn the
motor into a generator the brushes have to be retarded
in order to eliminate arcing which will burn up the
brushes and the commutator. The modern AC powered car
sized motors have three phases and the timing is
controlled electronically so regenerative braking is
easy. There are a few schemes out there to make a
movable DC brush rigging, but it's complicated and not
easily implemented.

TiM

'61 Electric Rampside