<VV> re: Oil poured down the rockers

Ron Choy ronchoy at comcast.net
Tue Oct 3 19:08:25 EDT 2006

Years ago, I learned that used oil would stop rust. The extra
particles in used oil would help keep the oil on the surface, making
a dirty, oily, drippy rust resistant surface. New oil wouldn't cling.

  I've done it inside my doors. I didn't do it in the rockers, for no
terribly good reason.  Like any old greasy oily surface, the rust is
stopped. There would be a problem removing it completely if the
surfaces were to be painted.   -ron 65,66