<VV> Car Show Touchee Feelee

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 20:22:50 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone

For a number of years, at least 8, I have been taking my 63 Monza Vert
(Vairforce One) to caqr shows and cruise ins around town here in southeast
Michigan.  And I always post "Look but Don't Touch signs on the car, just
like pretty much everyone else there.

But Just a week or so ago, I read an article in my car club magazine that
leads me to question why I do this.  The finger prints wash off easily and
the real potential damage is from ladies purses anyway.  Those clasps can be
murder!

The article simply says that to ensure that our car collecting hobby, and by
my extension our love for the Corvair can only be assured if we get the
youngsters interested in them.  So, the article went on, don't worry about
the finger prints.  In fact, under your immediate supervision, invite them
to sit in the car...tell them about it and let their young imaginations
fill with visions of themselves tooling down the road in one of these great
rear engined machines, maybe with a young lady by their side.

Because I think this might be a great idea...with some close supervision,
I'm going to try it at the next show I attend.

Thanks for listening.  What do you think?

Mike (Vairforce One-63 Monza Vert
58 VW Vert
69 Skylark Vert

"There are two ways of reasoning with a liar, and neither one works"