<VV> Itty-Bitty Corvair, Tesla data

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 20:38:30 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/6/2006 2:41:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lclarkpdx at gmail.com writes:

So Eric,  did your brother Martin have to recall any Sony laptop batteries in
the  Tesla?

On 10/6/06, Eric S. Eberhard <flash at vicsmba.com>  wrote:

I inspected the Tesla car at the Electric Vehicle Rally/Open house last
Saturday at Palo Alto High School in Palo Alto, CA. (My high-school alma mater,
class of 65- Go Vikings!). It was the black prototype. It was a very nicely
done  machine - rear "engined' (Corvair Content) The construction is a lot like
the Lotus Elise, but larger in most dimensions, and much better Proportioned,
in  my opinion. The Li-On battery cells are grouped and loaded in packs. You
do  not replace single cells. The battery packs can still propel the car even
with "X" percentage non-functioning. You just get less miles on a full
charge. Acccording to Lisa - One of their engineers, and a very serious,  technical
person, they have not sourced Sony as a battery supplier. Of  course, they
haven't delivered any production cars either, as yet. Sometime in  late 2007, is
their official estimate. This is a product to watch closely, if  only because
it represents a totally new concept in electric vehicles.  Performance - not
Green-Earth touchy-Feely - Save the Earth stuff. My  observation at the
Electric Car Rally was that almost everybody else at the  place looked at electric
vehicles from the fringe of society - in one way or  another. Many home
conversions - cars I would not sit in, muxch less drive at  ANY speed. There were a
few manufacturers there, converted Toyota Prius (full  electric, plug-in
conversions.) and several different production electric  scooters. Fot a real
Motorcycle bomb, check out the "electricross" motorcycle.  web site
_www.electricross.com_ (http://www.electricross.com)  - 19+  horsepower and full torque at Zero
RPM - on yeah -and absolutely quiet! A  140 lb motocross bike! This are in
regular production!  - Amazing vehicle -  Any more questions, feel free to ask!
- Seth Emerson