<VV> Car Show Touchee Feelee

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 6 23:54:07 EDT 2006

Mike - I go to a couple/three "cruise nights" each summer.  I alternately
watch the car very closely and worry about the folks actually riding their
bicycles (or pushing baby buggies) down between the relatively closely
parked cars, the kids dripping their ice cream somewhere onto the car -
sometimes the interior where I need to sit later - and other scary things
that can happen.  The biggest scares to me are belt buckles and dangling
cameras or cell phones  - OR - (I did say alternately didn't I) - I just go
hide out in a local restaurant and have a couple of beers (with dinner) and
inspect when I return.  When I do this, I miss all the friendly "Corvair
Conversation" which normally takes place when I'm near the car.  Overall -
I'm more keen or regular car shows (mainly other owners attending) than I am
cruise nights.  But, I do both.

Last cruise night I was at, there was a beautiful plum '32 coupe (the F
brand) with running boards painted the same as the body (no rubber on them).
As I passed by, the owner was in the midst of berrating a father for
allowing his son to step  up on the running board (caused scratches in the
paint) in order to see into the car.  To me, they were BOTH in the wrong...
think about it.

Later, JR

'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140