<VV> Strange (?) double failure

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Oct 8 21:24:28 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/8/2006 8:20:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

There's  a key statement here; you said you could turn the ball joint stud
trying  to remove the nut. This is 'impossible' if the stud is correct and
installed tight.

So is that an indication that the lower ball joints need to be replaced?
Because both studs turned with the nut when I was trying to get the nut off
(more ammo for da Chuckster). I would have hoped that these parts would have
lasted more than 5 years, but I do autocross the car frequently (8-10 times a
year).

Brent - I did torque the nuts properly, always do. I can't remember for
sure, but I think I would have tightened the nut to line up the castle.

Anyhow, thanks for the help. The front end stayed together for the 50 mile
drive to the autocross and the event and the ride home. Sounds like I may be
replacing these ball joints this winter. I'll also get a supply of spare nuts
(more ammo).

Ned