RE<VV> Body, Paint & Interior Prices

john jncmiller at mchsi.com
Mon Oct 9 19:03:35 EDT 2006

   I'm sorry guys 7 to 8 G's for a paint job isnt reasonable for a "driver quality" paint job. Not that many vairs out there are worth 7 to 8 G's. If you have reasonable paint....try polishing it.....or enroll in a local community college or trade school for body and paint...even that would be much less than 7 or 8 G's.
  My advice to you is if this is a hobby learn to "do it yourself" I have painted cars in the driveway, the yard, and the garage...I am not greatly skilled and have done good and bad jobs. Bad can be fixed.... either way I got the experience.
  If you are going to make a show car museum piece/trailer queen go spend the big bucks....if youre going to daily drive it and dont want to try painting then go to Macco (7 or * G will get many paint jobs there) or that guy in the bad part of town with the dirty garage that paints farm tractors and dumpsters....
    The only real advice I saw in the previous posts of use is at least have it done by someone that will love the car and care as you do....

John Miller
Iowa
as always..... stirring things up.....