<VV> Trunk lock question

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 10 16:30:08 EDT 2006

Jim,

Are you talking about the spring on the key hole door or the spring on the
lock itself?

The first thing you have to do for either is take the grill bar off the car
so you can get to the springs. From what I remember, the spring on the lock
itself becomes obvious, once you fiddle with it for a while.

The '66 to '69 grill bar key hole door is also fairly simple as I recall.
Now the spring for the door on the '65 grill bar requires lots of cussing
and holding your mouth just right, once you figure out how the spring gets
tensioned. I fussed with mine for quite a while before I figured out how it
went in. Sorry I can't tell you how I did it. It just happened. Just think
of the most impossible combination of tension and position and you probably
have it right :o).

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 'vert with '65 grill bar