<VV> Re: Help - Rear Strut Rod Mounting Bolt Length - THE ANSWER

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Tue Oct 10 22:12:26 EDT 2006

Thanks again for all you who tried to help me figure out why some of the
rear strut rod mounting bolts were longer than the others and where they would
go.  I figured out the answer tonight as I was continuing putting the  engine
in my 69 Convertible.

I already had three or four of the eight bolts in when I noticed that the
bolts were two different lengths.  I just assumed that there were four  short
and four longer bolts, and that the longer ones went in the top and the  shorter
ones went in the bottom, or vice versa.  I was wrong.

The answer is that there are 7 short bolts and one longer bolt.  The  longer
bolt fits in the top front differential hole on the passenger side.   The
purpose for the longer bolt is to hold the rear mounting bracket for  the clutch
return spring, at least in a 1969.

Again, thanks for all the assistance, I'm sure as I continue putting the
engine back in my car, I will run into other things I can't find our figure out
and will be coming back to this esteemed body of knowledge.

Todd in Texas