<VV>Fan bearing part deux

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Oct 11 20:28:36 EDT 2006

OK have everything apart and so far looking good. Block cleaned up nicely
and cover is new but the fershluginner baffle is giving me fits. The old
gasket is rock hard and unscrapable. Have dropped clear back to a razor
blade scraper and when it gets any bite, it just stops, the old gasket
remnants do not lift.

Any recommendations of what to soak it in ? My secret to being leak free is
a perfectly clean and smooth surface and that means *all* of the gasket
must come off.

I know there must be a way but must have it back together friday night.

Suggestions that do not involve cutting and bolting welcome.

Padgett