<VV> powerglide question.

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Fri Oct 13 11:58:32 EDT 2006

110pg runs well. Problem is, When I put the lever in L, sitting still,
the engine races, RPMs go way up, and the rear end squats down. Why
would this be. I replaced the 2 inch hose at connecting the metal vaccum
line to the modulator. I also replaced all the vaccum lines in the
engine compartment. The trans downshifts hard, and occasionally upshifts
hard too.

On a related note, I replaced the molded hose to the balance tube with
just a regular piece of rubber hose. I notice that because of the sharp
bend it has to make, it is nearly piched off at the bend. Will this
cause a problem? Do I need to get the proper molded hose to replace it with?

Paul Abel
65 Monza sedan 110pg.