<VV> Other air cooled Chevy (unseriously)

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Oct 13 19:30:19 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Other air cooled Chevy (unseriously)

> As in Steam Engine?
>
> Later, JR
*********
Heh heh, you shoulda seen my first v8vair ... steam engine indeed  !!    I
shoulda read the directions::::         Cool As Necessary !

PEG goes the heat gauge ........    KAPOW goes the rubber hoses .... RAT A
TAT A TAT A TAT go the piping to the radiator ... 3 quarts of oil on the
OUTside of the engine .... oh oh, this can't be good ...

I gave the remnants to a friend, hopefully the main problem was most likely
the rings I betcha were all blue and real relaxed...... I hope.  That was
about 15 years ago, I need to phone him and see what he ever found ....
dang that was a snappy rig, too ... a very nice 327 at one time .... it
would actually outrun my 350's ....
********
Is there something deep in our evil racer's soul that makes us remember the
catastophes perhaps more than the times when our projects run just fine?

Hmmm .. wonder if he ever fixed it up?  ..... Wonder if a cobalt turbo
engine would slide in there ..... hmmm.... a 400 horse 2400 lb vair?

I need a project .. ken in Iowuh