<VV> Sad news: Corvair involved in fatal accident

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Oct 13 19:40:29 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Elliott" <corsa at mac.com>

> According to the article, a '65 Corvair was traveling at 35 mph when
> it lost control and started fishtailing, and collided with a
> motorcycle, killing the motorcyclist. Short of ice or maybe rain, I'm
> not sure I could cause my Corvair to fishtail at 35 mph. Surely the
> driver was traveling at a much higher rate of speed?
> - Eric
Right .. three times I have driven a fair distance after a 180 in a late
model ... ( playing boy racer on ice ... nader did have a point there ) ...
anyway, if you don't panic, and just look out that terrifically large rear
window, you will find the vair is pretty easily controlled going backwards
... or is that forward now? ...

*********
ken campbell, backwards is fun in iowuh