<VV> Re: brakelights

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Fri Oct 13 23:27:31 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/12/2006 12:04:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,

Message:  1
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:35:06 +0000
From: "ron turner"  <ron67ran at hotmail.com>
Subject: <VV> brakelights
To:  virtualvairs at corvair.org

dont have brakelights on my 66 conv--looks  like new switch under dash and
previous owner installed new wire  harness--switch sends voltage off output
side when pedal moves--any  connections under car or in harness that may be
problem?

I had the same problem on my '66. Turned out to be a ground  problem. First
check and clean up the metal contacts on  outside of the bulb sockets . If
still NG verify  that the taillight housings have good ground to the  body.
  Matt M.