<VV> Dash Pad gluing

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 21:46:14 EDT 2006

Just finished installing a new padded dash in my daughter's '64 Spyder. The instructions are 37 steps long plus two supplements, including the instruction "Installation is more difficult than it may seem". So I was not expecting it to be easy. Other than being extremely tedious and tricky, things went pretty well (with some lessons learned for next time, if ever) until we get ready to glue it down. I managed to get it on, and it turned out pretty well (but not located exactly where I wanted it).  But My Goodness! I could not figure out any way to land it in the right place before it touched and stuck in the wrong place first.

  Who knows how to do the gluing step correctly so it actually goes down 1 time, and in the right place?

  Thanks

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on