<VV> Early Rear Engine Mount Differences / Plate

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 13:49:44 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/15/2006 10:37:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mike.shank at juno.com writes:

> This afternoon, I (started) to replace the Rear Engine Mount on my '64
> convertible.  Sandwiched between the rear engine mount and frame, is a ~
> 1/8" thick 'mount plate' that I presume is there to lessen the bending
> force on the 2 bolts that hold the engine mount to the frame.  I suspect
> (fear) that I just removed a pre-'64 mount from my ''64 car - I've been
> replacing parts on this car for 18 years and I'm STILL finding things
> that the previous owners screwed up!!

--------

Think about this....

Have you checked rear wheel alignment?  is there 1/8" or better TOE-IN?

This plate may be to correct / add toe-in!

This may be due to a previous collision?  Or may be for Performance Aligment?

Matt Nall
'69 stocker, '66 vert, '65 v8, '66turbo, Vairboat, Sandcar, 64 cp
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!