<VV> 92 grand caravan - poor heat

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Thu Oct 19 18:25:55 EDT 2006

MY 92 van will reach 203,000 today.

To celebrate I want to fox the poor front heat.

The previous heater control valve was destroyed.  Does the in, come from
the upper or lower heater hose.

Anybody know where on-line I can get a hose diagram on-line for free.

Its just that, not very hot.  The rear heat is very hot, the front is
not.  I think it may just be that the front heat comes out of many places,
the back its just one port.  But I ride in front so it matters to me.

The heat has been poor for years.  Recently the metal line to the rear
rotted out.   In trying to replace it the heater valve broke (old very
brittle plastic).  Routed the upper and lower heater hoses directly to
themselves (no heat, but at least I did not have to wait for AAA to get home.

When I went to re-assemble found their are 2 and 3 port heater valves,
nobody had the 3 port units in stock (only Advance seemed to know about
them).  Ready-Aire 5982.

I used the 2 port,  and a tee.  Heat seems to work as before.

It has a line in and an out.    Does the in come from the upper (hot hose),
or the lower colder return hose?

Thanks to all.