<VV> Fuel Pump

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 20 12:09:42 EDT 2006

Hi Bill,

I have a failed "Source" pump sitting in front of my on my desk.  That is
the second one to go.  David said to send it back but I didn't.  I told him
I never sent anyone else's back, so why should I pick on him.

I don't think I've ever had a Clark's one, but have had some from Lon.  I
seem to replace a pump every 18 to 24 months.  That is one pump going to one
of 3 cars.  I'm not thinking that this is excessive as it probably
represents 25 to 30,000 annual miles total on 3 vairs.  So, it looks to me
like I'm getting 45 to 60,000 out of each pump.

It has been about 15 years now since the defective pumps were coming out of
GM.  I recall an instance at that time at Claypool's where he put one on my
car and it immediately leaked.  It was the last on his shelf, so he had to
make a trip to the Chevy dealer for another.  Anyway, there can't be too
many from that era still waiting to be installed.

Later, JR

'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - "icemobile" 4/140