<VV> re:distrib trouble/no start

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 07:35:29 EDT 2006

Devin,last week I re-positioned the plug wires on the recently fired-up 110 because #  3 wire was tight...I measured from the fuelpump bolt boss to the vac adv,marked on the top shroud where the rotor was pointing with timing notch on '16',,then pulled the dist up enough to clear the gear and wrenched the crank around CCW 1 revolution to get me "180 off ", set the dist back down to my marks,switched the plug wires 180* on the cap,and wouldn't quite start,like you...I kept bumping the distrib CCW,like 1/8" at the vac adv pod,and it started again...I *should* have been dead-nuts on ;; measure from a fixed point to the vac adv,then go 1/4" either way,and it will start,you're either too retarded or advanced by 10-12 *,,unless it's something simple ,like the points wire not in points spring tight or the peg in vac adv arm isn't in the hole or distrib isn't in the rear hsg all the way...sorry for the long post,but double-check what you did first,then try turning the dist a
 bit,,you're close.. unless you get real lucky pulling a distrb,it's easy to be off a bit,,just don't get frustrated...Tom Z..//