<VV> 1965-1967 110HP with a/c low compression engine

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Oct 23 07:34:57 EDT 2006

"...Right now, I've been playing around with a '67 110 manual a/c  engine.
It's pretty much a stock rebuild, but with some variations. I had  the
heads milled to eliminate the gasket "step" and..."

Me too, sort of:
 I have a 67 110, PG, 327 rear, with factory air (since converted to  134a
and Sanden SD7 compressor). + .040, 9.5:1, .032 quench...runs "quick" and  since
break in and leaning the jetting & mid-range, now up to 24 mpg  highway.
Rather than cut out the step, my heads had material added to the quench  side of
the cylinder head, then material taken from the other side to come back  down
to 9.5:1. Ccing showed everything is real right and real equal. I live  in
sunny, hot, Florida, and drive the vehicle every day and on trips. Has a
Safeguard with a remote knock indicator, but only on the hottest of days do I  see the
Safeguard coming in. I run 93 octane fuel with lower shrouds off during
summer. I may try 89 octane this winter.

Mike Mauro
of various Corvairs