<VV> Distributor....4 Degrees off

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Oct 23 20:17:56 EDT 2006

Meanwhile back at the Pet. - Marked the reluctor (thingie that goes on the
distributor shaft under the rotor and moved 60 distributor degrees - the 4
degree split followed the reluctor so it seems that it is off - just seems
to be one cylinder though and was only happenstance that it turned out to
be 1-2 when I put the timing light on the coil wire. Chances are that few
would ever notice. I may have to dig out the Sun DT 680 that is buried in
400 blocks and do some serious testing. Figure I can do the same by drawing
a white line on the backside of the balancer so can see all three firing
marks (can see two now but third is under engine & "advance" timing light
only has 1/6th the range when on coil wire) at once. Only need one to set
time but others just need to match.

Just a good thing it wasn't the other way around and what I thought was 14
degrees advance would have been 18.

Padgett