<VV> 1965-1967 110HP with a/c low compression

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 21:33:59 EDT 2006

 First, my apologies to everyone, as my post was only
partially correct. That Type B engine did come out in
65 but was not always used on the A/C models until 66,
where it became a 'norm' to use the Type B engine in
all the A/C-PG Models.
Also, I did forget to mention that the A.I.R. Engines
had the timing plate that went up to 24 degrees, but
none of them called for a 24 degree setting, nor were
they the Type B engine just because they had that
plate. (Only the A/PG Models in Type B and the 180
Turbo called for 24 degrees as initial setting.)
I always use premium gas, so considering anything else
is not an option for me. (Pay me now, or pay me later
is a good rule of thumb. IMHO)
My block number is: TO5I2RK
I will post this info below for anyone intereted in
the subject...

These booklets I have, that I actually got through
another source are readily available from Clark's had
I known.
Distributor Curve Graphs  1965-1969
Clark's Item number C7547

Chevrolet Service News 1965-1969 Corvairs
Clark's Item number C6962
In this book the pages are not numbered normally, so
when you get it count 17 pages (Not counting cover)
and open it there. the right hand page is the one with
a specific article about the timing thing on the A/C
Models with PG.

Cars that have the 24 degree plates and their
settings:

1965 to 1967 A/C Models with the 24 degree plate (True
Type B's) Comp.Ratio: 9.25  Tiiming: 24 Degrees BTDC

1965 Turbocharged Models  Comp.Ratio: 8.25 Timing: 24
Degrees BTDC

1966 Turbocharged Models  Comp.Ratio: 8.25 Tiiming: 24
Degrees BTDC

1966 95HP W/A.I.R (Manual Trans.) Comp.Ratio: 8.25
Timing: 8 Degrees ATC (After tap center)

1966 95HP W/A.I.R (PG Trans)  Comp.Ratio: 8.25
Timing: TDC

1966 110HP W/A.I.R.(Manual Trans)  Comp.Ratio: 9.25
Timing: TDC

1966 110HP W/A.I.R. (PG Trans)  Comp.Ratio: 9.25
Tiiming: 4 Degrees BTDC

1966 140HP W/A.I.R.  Comp.Ratio: 9.25  Timing: 4
Degrees
BTDC

Hope this has been more helpful, as I should have had
my books out when originally positing. I am truely
sorry for any bad info, but hope I have corrected that
oversight in this post.

Best Of Regards,
Danny