<VV> Tires and Donuts with Links that WORK!

Steve Oxford seoxford at att.net
Tue Oct 24 16:15:22 EDT 2006

Did your Cooper Cobra GT's fit on a early model Corvair wheel? How have
the tires been for you?

Bob Vukas -

I have 195/70x13s on my '63.  I have a slight rubbing problem with the front inner wheel wells, especially the left front, and especially when turning and hitting a change in elevation, like entering a driveway.  Straight on driving and normal bumps don't create any problems.  I've just rolled the inner wheel well up slightly and the problem has nearly gone away.  205/70x13s would NOT fit.  185/70x13s would fit better but would be slightly short in height and rolling rpms.

Wear has been fine, though the car is not driven daily or in any sort of competition events.

Steve Oxford/63 conv