<VV> Corvair distributor installation

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Oct 25 12:29:16 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/25/2006 9:22:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

I have  to chuckle about how much trouble some people go thru trying to get
#1 wire  facing #1 cylinder.  When I install a distributor I just throw it  in
the hole, turn the engine over until it falls in, bring up the timing  mark
to TDC #1 and wherever the rotor is pointing, thats #1 wire hole in  the cap.
Is there some law that says #1 can't be at the back, right or  left?
Clark Hartzel

Clark - That could easily put the distributor in at TDC (firing) for  number
2 cylinder, 180 distributor degrees off) because TDC for #1 and #2  are at the
same point on the balancer - the cam is only right for one of the two
cylinders. Yes, If it doesn't run, just relocate the wires in the cap. With some
wire sets, there may not be enough extra wire to locate any plug wire in any
hole.  I prefer the finger over the spark plug hole in cylinder #1  test. - Seth