<VV> Corvair crash worthness

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed Oct 25 16:24:52 EDT 2006

Back in 1972 in Shreveport, LA. I was driving my 61 Monza with my  wife and
three kids in the Corvair with me.  I was stopped at a red light  and a woman
driving a 72 Ford LTD Wagon rear ended the Monza.  The Wagon  had the a/c
condenser broken the radiator smashed and the water pump broken off  of the motor.
The hood was ruined and both fenders were pushed back  into the front doors
so they would not open.  The woman had to crawl over  into the back seat to
exit the car.

None of us in the Monza were hurt and after I pried open the engine  lid I
found nothing broken and was able to drive it home.  The only problem  was that
I was unable to latch the engine lid.  As good  fortune would have it, the
woman's husband was the owner of my insurance  company, needless to say I had no
trouble getting my Monza fixed properly.

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair  Club