<VV> Fiero a collector car? (no corvair)

Norm Witte norman.witte at comcast.net
Thu Oct 26 22:22:21 EDT 2006

Ray, personally, I preferred the Formula.  I thought it was better looking, tighter, than the GT.  I currently drive a '93 Firebird Formula and had a '89 Firebird Formula before that.  The TransAms just had too much plastic on them.  I thought the same was true of the Fieros.

Back in '88 I almost ordered a yellow Fiero Formula.  I was going to order it stripped (because that's what I could afford) with a five speed.  I always thought that that was the coolest Fiero ever made.  GM put $30 million into the suspension of the '88 car, finally got it right, made (if I remember correctly) either 6,000 Formulas or 6,000 '88s, and then cancelled it.  I can still remember the day I heard they were cancelling production.  I was so bummed!

Cool car.

--
Norm Witte
DeWitt, Michigan

The Internet: a fantastic new technology that combines the accuracy of fourth-hand hearsay with the excitement of typing.

From: "George Jones" <georgedjones at gmail.com>