<VV> Garage (no Corvair)

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Oct 26 23:56:37 EDT 2006

Nice looking PEX tubing!

BTW, the welded wire is not for the heating system, it is Welded Wire
Reinforcement and is to give some structure to the concrete. Right now
it is laying on the insulation, but during the pouring of the concrete
it should be pulled up so that it is in the middle or so of the slab
after it cures. Rebar could be used, but it requires more labor & money,
and typically it sits on "chairs" as it is hard to pull up during the
pour. The WWR is also a convienient way to tie the PEX onto position for
the pour.

The only thing wrong in your picture is the location of the garage. It
is supposed to be built on my land!

As far as a boiler, you can run a domestic hot water heater (depending
on outside temp factors) if you are not trying for 75° indoor temps for
your cars. Of course you better insulate those walls first!

Frank DuVal