<VV> Fiero a collector car? (no corvair)

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Fri Oct 27 01:37:13 EDT 2006

Subject: <VV> Fiero a collector car? (no corvair)

     While I was going through my auto related paperwork yesterday I picked
up the Title for our original yellow 88' Fiero Formula and noticed......
The title has two special designations on it... Antique Auto and Collectible
Car!!

     I thought this was pretty neat!  Who would have thought that the Fiero
would be recognized as collectible so soon!

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 (under construction)

I don't know where you live, but I have a hard time understanding why your
title should say any of these things.  Did you ask for either of these when
you bought the car?  I have owned cars in a few different states and know
they have different laws, but in Ohio where I live, my Corvair or any other
car could be a "Collector Car"  and any car old enough could be an Antique
but I think this would be on the registration, not the title.  Ohio is
pretty restrictive on where you're supposed to drive a vehicle with
"Historic" plates...(club meetings, shows, parades).  Registering a car as a
"collector" vehicle exempted it from emissions testing, but Corvairs are
already exempt because of age, plus as of this year we don't have that any
more.

I did think it was cool when I had Allstate insurance and they gave me a
discount for the Corvair being a "compact" car.

Mike Ioanes