<VV> Complete Restorations

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Oct 27 13:15:38 EDT 2006

>So does that mean you'll have 10 figures in the entire restoration? :^)

I hope not -- and I hope I'll not be flying in any of the planes you
helped design!

My wife and I think that taking long road trips in old cars is a lot of
fun.  We're never had one give us any serious problems which is
something I can't say for some of our newer cars.  That probably has
something to do with the old cars getting more careful maintenance
because they're old.

In any event, car breakdowns can be an adventure.  We lived in Japan for
four years and I still remember the dead battery at Tokyo Disneyland
after the park had closed for the night.  Or, when we were rear-ended
and a dozen Japanese cops investigated (one with a drafting board making
meticulous drawings of the scene).  The "claims" process and the
"gomenasai" ritual were also very interesting.

So, drive an old car for fun and adventure!  And don't worry about
depreciation from usage -- a new waterpumper will depreciate a whole lot
more.  And AC?  Who needs it!  At 67, I've spent more time riding in and
driving non-AC cars than I have cars with AC.

Dave Keillor