<VV> Re: Corvair crashworthiness on the web

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sat Oct 28 09:39:37 EDT 2006

This is what you call a double-edged sword. The pics without stories of
survival and minimal injuries would be of no help on that point. Plus it
might suggest that Corvairs are accident-prone. On the other hand, such
info COULD help dispell the myth of the Corvair being unsafe in a crash.
Just my thoughts...

BTW, I too have had a couple of similar mishaps in a Corvair, and walked
away each time. So by experience I consider the car as safe if not safer
than many of its comtemporaries. But whether you could compare them
safety-wise to modern day cars is highly questionable.

-Mark