<VV> Corvair hot rod

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Sun Oct 29 22:04:43 EST 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 8:35 PM, Clark Hartzel wrote:

> I know some of you appreciate street rods.  How could it be any better
> than
> a Corvair powered street rod?  Check out the pictures of this Corvair
> T-bucket.  The guy only lives a few miles from me and he has been
> working on
> it most of his life.  Got to go see it in person!
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4303987&a=32307116&f=
> Clark Hartzel

Clark,

Nice rod! I wonder why the front is so long, it doesn't seem like it
has to be that long. It almost looks like a dragster with that long
nose.

It reminded me of a car I saw years ago at a "Fall Affair", I think it
was in Charlotte. It was a brown - sort of a bronze colored, as I
recall - Ford hot rod. I think it was a '34. It was really well-done
and had a Corvair mounted in the rear. I think it was rear-engined -
not mid-engined like the one you showed. Anyway, it was a really nice
car. In the front, since there was no engine, there was truck space.
I've got some pictures of it around here somewhere. As I understood it,
the guy was a rodder, not a Corvair guy. Never saw the car again.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC