<VV> 67 Doors and The Last Straw

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 30 23:27:36 EST 2006

Hi Marc,

Amen to that one brother.  I can't tell you how many times I've felt just
like Danny does and not just because  my name is Dan!!

That's what I mean when I've talked about blood, sweat and tears.  If you've
never felt like that in any hobby, you just ain't been deep enough into it
yet.  Everybody that sticks with a hobby feels that way at one time or
another.  I agree whole heartily though that when it ceases being fun and
you feel like your on the perpetual treadmill of misery, either switch to
another project on the vehicle that you find more fun at the moment or go do
something else totally unrelated.  The urge will strike you again to pick up
where you left off.  Sometimes what your struggling with, after a night's
sleep seems like child's play the next day.  Sometimes, I get so turned off
by something that I don't return to it for months and during that time I
figure out a better way to do it.  Sometimes, everything I touch turns to
crap and the last thing I wan't to hear is someone telling me to go do
something else for awhile, what I usually want at that moment is dose the
car with gas, strike a match and watch as the mag fan lights up the night :)

Danny, the only thing I can say to you is that I've been there before and
know what it feels like to lose heart for a project.  I'm going to say the
dreaded words.....Give it some time, it will probably get better but if it
doesn't and you're sure, then move on without regrets having given it your
best.  No regrets in giving it your best.  You will have gotten farther than
most by trying.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Marc said:

>This Corvair thing is a hobby! As such, it is supposed to be fun. If it
ceases to be fun, the best thing to do is turn off
>the shop lights and go back in the house before you do something you
regret. Only return when your state of mind has