level of maintenance-was: <VV> Re: Doorz and Frustration

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Tue Oct 31 17:02:17 EST 2006

Subject: <VV> Re: Doorz and Frustration

Big Snip.

> Other cars (like the Corvair) can be relatively high maintenance and
> require obscure skills. These are best worked on at home since having a
> mechanic learn these obscures skill is prohibitively expen$ive..
>
> Padgett
I will be the first to agree, when talking about the higher hp cars-140s and
turbos, BUT 2-carb PG's can be very trouble-free.  Granted, some people
accuse Corvairs of leaking oil (we know better) but they seem to have more
places to leak oil than, say, a 64 Impala with a 283.  You may think the
extra zoom is worth the effort...ya pays yer money and takes yer choice...

Mike Ioanes
64 Monza convert
110/PG