<VV> snopes report: Sorry we snorted your sister

Gary Moore tdrinkr at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 21:06:00 EST 2006

The snopes web site has the story behind this story.
<http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/cocaine.htm>
Adding the corvair content was a nice touch.

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:11:01 -0500
From: "Secular" <rusecular at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Hoochie bogus blow :))
To: <VirtualVairs at corvair.org>

 A News Article From A Florida Newspaper
  "When Nathan's house was burgled, thieves left his
TV,
  his VCR, and even left his 1963 Corvair. What they
did take was
  "generic white cardboard box filled with
grayish-white powder."
  (That is the way the police described it.)
A spokesman for the Fort Lauderdale police said "that
it looked
  similar to cocaine and they'd probably thought
they'd hit the
  big time." Then Nathan stood in front of the TV
cameras and
  pleaded with the burglars: "Please return the
cremated
  remains of my sister, Gertrude. She died three years
ago."

  Well, the next morning, the bullet-riddled corpse of
a drug dealer
  known as Hoochie P. was found on Nathan's doorstep.
  The cardboard box was there too; about half of
Gertrude's
  ashes remained. And there was this note.

  It said:

  "Hoochie sold us the bogus blow, so we wasted
Hoochie.
  Sorry we snorted your sister."