<VV> RE: Dealer rant

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Sep 1 15:04:11 EDT 2006

From: Jeff Clark <markii56 at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Re: Rant against Dealers was Confusion

A dealer I once worked at would often get cheap,
off-brand brake pads from the local parts houses to do
warranty work.  They'd change the parts numbers on the
warranty repair order, and submit the claim to Ford.
They'd do the same on retail brake jobs: charge the
customer for Ford pads, change the part # on the
repair order to reflect a Ford part number (which gave
the customer a Ford 12/12 warranty), then used the
cheaper, non-Ford pads.  The worst part was, these
pads were little more than cardboard.

I'm proud to say that dealer fired me after they found
out just who blew them in to Ford for submitting
fraudulent warranty claims (which went WAAAAAY beyond
brake pads).

Jeff Clark

Ford dealer I worked at would have the service manager repeatedly cry that
we were not "selling" repairs, that every time a car came through the door
we should sell at least $100 worth of needed items. I always wondered why
the other mechanics found so much wrong doing state inspections but I
didn't. These guys couldn't live on the pay unless they did sell additional
repairs........it was a big game, I certainly didn't like playing. Another
thing this dealer did was buy a lot of cars for the lot without radio's and
equip them with cheapo audiovox cassette decks, or 8-tracks, and make big
money on the radios yet still cheaper than factory equipped. I often
wondered why Ford didn't wonder why they were ordering all these cars
without radios.
And at this time, very often I drove a Corvair to work.........did not go
over well, they kept pushing me to buy a Ford from them instead of the
Corvair. On what they paid me I certainly could not afford another car.